Happy 2017! The beginning of the new year can mean a lot of things: new intentions, new resolutions and the beginning of your new insurance.
You can use your health insurance benefits to get acupuncture in Portland, Oregon. Most quality Portland acupuncturists accept health insurance plans, and it’s a sound financial move for you to take advantage of these benefits.
How do I know if my insurance covers acupuncture? Here is a simple two-step tutorial on how to find out if you have acupuncture coverage.
Step 1: Verify if you have acupuncture benefits.
- Option 1: Talk to your HR department! Your delightful co-workers are very aware of your company’s health insurance plan and can probably tell you if you have acupuncture coverage.
- Option 2: Call the Member number on the back of your card. Insurance companies LOVE to help out their members (yes, you are a member of your health insurance company!). Ask them if you have acupuncture benefits and they will be more than happy to help you.
- Option 3: Call 503-705-6637 we will take your insurance ID, address, birthday and phone number and we’ll do the work for you. (Note: this is the easiest option for you!)
Step 2: Make an appointment with a Portland acupuncturist!
- You can schedule online at To The Point PDX or call 503-705-6637 to talk to a live person.
Every health insurance company and plan is different. Some provide unlimited acupuncture visits, some provide a specific dollar amount that can be allotted to acupuncture care, and some provide a specific number of visits. This is where it could feel overwhelming if you’re trying to navigate the insurance world by yourself. Call To The Point PDX and we’ll help you answer any questions. It’s important to us that you make the most of your health care benefits.
What if my health insurance does cover acupuncture? Not to worry; you can still get acupuncture.
- Step 1: Call your favorite Portland Acupuncturist to see if the company offers a prompt-pay option for people who do not have acupuncture coverage. The prompt-pay costs can range anywhere between $80 and $140/visit.
- Step 2: Make an appointment at that acupuncture clinic. Most clinics even let you schedule online.
- Optional Step 3: Start saving $20 week. Saving $20 week will get you one acupuncture treatment a month at To The Point PDX. Setting aside two Alexander Hamiltons is worth the benefits of a regular acupuncture visit. Don’t throw away your shot at treating yourself this year by boosting your immune system, aiding injury recovery and reducing your stress.
What if I was in a car accident? If you have been injured in a car accident (think whiplash, bruises from a seatbelt, low back pain or sciatica) you are eligible for acupuncture at no-cost to you. Call To The Point PDX and we will help you navigate this process too.